' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Lace, Bits & Bobs

Tuesday 26 January 2016

Lace, Bits & Bobs

At Crafty Individuals, the theme for the January challenge is Lace, Bits & Bobs. I thought I should go for a shabby chic attempt on a scrapbook layout.

The lovely girl in the picture is NOT one of my relatives! I found her on my internet travels... I would have chosen one of mine but they aren't as lovely and clear as this one.

I transformed the base paper with Fresco paints (Paper Artsy) and the Crafty Individuals Inky Script stamp (CI-436). Later on I decided to give more colours with Gelatos in pink and light green.

I used a doily which I distressed with Tattered Rose and a piece of paper as a matt for the photo. I first punched (Martha Stewart) around the page and then sprayed some Lindy's stamp gang Starburst in Bougainvillea Fuschia. Wow this is STRONG! And it should have highlighted my stencilled texture but the dye reached under the transparent paste and spoiled the effect.


I stamped the lady from CI-285 and the perfume bottles from CI-341 and added a heart made with molten EP directly poured on the stamp (CI-342). The black rose in the lower left corner is also made out of EP this time in a mould (Wow).
A number of buttons were stuck with thick gel and painted with gesso and acrylic inks. I had to tone the bright colours down in order for them to fit in with the rest of the page, I use Distress inks for that.

Thanks for coming by,

 

7 comments:

  1. This is very beautiful. I like the bold touches of colour, it truly brings life to this vintage inspired card.
    Thank you for joining the Crafty Individuals Challenge.
    Good Luck Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice layout, pretty girl, and loving the heart and bits and bobs! Thanks for joining in the CI Challenge this month. Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a beautiful card Christine and certainly has a real shabby feel to it and the little embellies work so nicely.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous project Christine. So much to look at and be inspired by. With my other hat on.... Thank you for playing along with the Crafty Individuals Challenge.
    Hugs Flo xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Extra ta participation!!!! Merci Christine, en en plus tu as réalisé une très belle page je trouve, super originale et joliment travaillée avec plein de petites choses... Petite question car je n'ai jamais essayé, tu protèges ton tampon en le mouillant par exemple avant de verser ton UTEE dessus?? Pas de risque d'altération du caoutchouc?.. En tout cas BRAVO et bonne chance, pour moi c'est parfait j'adore :) Bisous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. J'ai enduit le tampon avec de la Versamark. Ce qui m'a permis de finir avec un saupoudrage de poudre mica (pas vraiment visible sur la photo)!

      Delete
  6. This is so lovely! Gorgeous shabby-chic and bits and bobs. Thank you for playing with us in to the Crafty Individuals challenge :-)

    ReplyDelete